Cameras, Camcorders and Digital Frames - US - August 2010
This report explores the digital camera and camcorder market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting sales. Also covered are sales figures, penetration, consumer trends and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Why are segments in decline given the popularity of digital technology and widespread interest in capturing photos and videos?
- Which demographics are the best bet for gift purchases in the 2010 holiday season?
- What are the best opportunities for growth when the overall market may decline further?
- Who are the key players in the market and how are their brands perceived?
- How are these products marketed to consumers? How could they be marketed more effectively?
- What is the effect of smartphones on the camera market?
- How do hobbyists and advanced amateurs affect the market and how can they be courted directly?
- What are technological innovations in the digital still and video camera market and which are driving sales?
- What are the most important factors to consumers choosing a camera? Where do shoppers go for advice?
- How do race and Hispanic origin affect consumer activity in this market?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.