Canada Home Financing Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Home Financing market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): a line of credit (LOC) secured by property offered as collateral against the debt. This usually allows the borrower to have access to a higher limit and a lower interest rate than would be offered by a LOC that is not backed by a real estate asset
- Reverse mortgage: a loan that is designed for homeowners 55 years of age and older that is secured by the equity in the home, allowing homeowners to obtain cash without having to sell their home
- Home equity loan: also known as second mortgage is another loan taken against a property that is already mortgaged.
- Shared Equity Mortgage (SEM): a financing arrangement wherein another buyer helps shoulder the cost of buying a home by contributing money to the down payment. In exchange, that buyer shares in the home’s equity
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Sanjay Sharma, a leading analyst in the Financial Services sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Mortgage payments are significantly impacting the lifestyle of around half of younger mortgage holders, as housing affordability becomes a national concern
Senior Financial Services Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.