Canada Smartphones Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Smartphones market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Apple and Samsung lead the market and have established strong loyalty
- Some consumers are ambivalent to many smartphone features
- Foldable smartphones face an uphill battle
- Smartphone ownership is almost ubiquitous
Covered in this report
This report covers smartphones:
- Smartphone: a mobile phone that performs many of the functions of a computer, typically having a touchscreen interface, internet access and an operating system capable of running downloaded applications
- Basic mobile phone: a mobile phone without the ability to run downloaded applications, typically lacking a touchscreen interface and often unable to connect to the internet. These devices typically have smaller screens, physical buttons and their capabilities are focused on phone calls and texts
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Scott Stewart, a leading analyst in the Technology and Media sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The primary focus of this Report will be to better understand smartphone ownership, purchase decisions and overall attitudes. In particular, it will investigate what kind of smartphone consumers own, why they chose it, perceptions of the differences from one smartphone to the next and even a prediction of the future of foldable smartphones. The findings of this Report are based on the results of Mintel’s exclusive research and will help describe consumer behaviour in a market that is mature but shows no signs of slowing down
Senior Technology and Media Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.