Car Rental - US - May 2010
This report explores the car rental market in the US. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting rentals, consumption and trends (and what they mean for future sales), promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How have economic conditions affected consumer travel and rental demands?
- How has the slowdown in corporate spending and leisure travel affected car rentals?
- How has industry consolidation affected car rental rates?
- What actions have car rental companies taken in order to respond to new economic conditions?
- What affect does the growth of car sharing have on the car rental industry?
- What segments of the car rental industry are merging, growing or stagnating?
- What affect does the Toyota recall have on the car rental industry?
- How have car rental companies used the "green" movement to increase rentals?
- What media are industry leaders using to deliver effective marketing campaigns, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility?
- What are companies doing to meet the rising consumer demands for outstanding service?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.