Carbonated Soft Drinks - Brazil - April 2012
“The carbonated soft drinks category in Brazil has achieved significant growth in recent years. However, innovation and product repositioning will be key to addressing the challenges the market faces in the coming years.
Increasing the consumption frequency becomes essential and innovation in packaging and flavors is required to boost the category. Due to the market becoming even more concentrated the survival of regional producers will only be through a regional and unique product approach. Moreover, a cooperative action between these players will be crucial if they want to expand distribution.
To address the price barriers, which are especially important to the lower-income groups, efforts to build long-term relationships with consumers should direct the marketing strategies of manufacturers (with major sporting events, digital media, and social and environmental commitment offering key communications platforms).
The pressures of society and government around the healthiness of products look set to become more pronounced and sodas with natural claims are expected to spearhead new product development in the medium term. Already in the short term, the race for the emerging consumer in the North and Northeast must be a key investment target for the leading operators.”
- What key strategies should the operator explore going forward to drive consumption?
- How can the industry respond to the consumer becoming more health aware in a category directly related to rising obesity?
- What key strategies can manufacturers explore to target low-income consumers—usually concerned about prices—in an environment of rising raw material costs?
- What routes can regional manufacturers explore to ensure their survival in an increasingly concentrated market?
- What steps are required from the overall category value chain in response to the national policy on solid waste?
- What are the key challenges the industry faces in looking to capture emerging consumers in the North and Northeast?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.