Carbonated Soft Drinks - US - June 2009
The carbonated soft drinks market continues to exhibit a downward trend in sales and consumption. Even though the market still commands the highest consumer penetration among all non-alcoholic beverages, the market’s long-term profitability appears to be threatened by a combination of factors including soda’s link with the ongoing obesity issues among Americans and consumers’ growing skepticism about the use of artificial sweeteners in diet soda. However, a number of factors emerge that could help in giving a much needed makeover to soda.
This report explores those factors and a variety of other topics including:
- What proactive measures the government has in the pipeline to decrease high-calorie soda consumption among current users?
- The need for the soda industry to give itself an image makeover by dissociating soda use with the growing prevalence of obesity in the US
- Will Stevia, the much talked about all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener give the anticipated boost to the soda industry or will it fizzle out as one of the costly experiments undertaken to attract health-minded consumers?
- How many consumers are leaving the soda category and why are they doing so?
- A discussion on the consumption trends among core consumers, i.e. teens, young adults, Black Americans, and Hispanics
- An illustration of strategies for brands that managed to buck the recessionary pressures and gained growth
- An in-depth look at the performance of natural sugar-sweetened soda amid ongoing recession
- The promotional and marketing strategies of the big three: Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Dr Pepper Snapple Group
- Consumer attitude and opinion about various types of soda sweeteners
- Trends in new product introductions in the US soda market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.