Carpets and Floorcoverings - UK - March 2013
“When compared to markets such as cookers and microwaves and kitchens and kitchen furniture, flooring appears to be the first out of the blocks in terms of the recovery of the bigger-ticket markets. Developments in cheaper synthetic carpets and laminate flooring have allowed consumers to make replacements at what they perceive to be an affordable price, an aspect which has been added to by the pressure from larger chains on the entire market, to drive down prices as a result of their promotional tactics.”
– Neil Mason, Head of Retail Research
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Are consumer finances ready to support floorcovering changes?
- What is the impact of retail diversification?
- Can smaller specialist survive an environment which favours ‘lowest price’ marketing?
- Can the benefits of e-commerce outweigh product-related difficulties in bridging the gap between the real and virtual shopping dynamics?
- Is the smaller retail model the route to survival?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.