Casino and Casino-style Gambling - US - January 2010
The casino industry enjoyed steady growth between 2004 and 2007 but revenues remained flat thereafter. Revenues at physical US casino locations (i.e. not online) reached $64.9 billion in 2009, a 27% increase over 2004. The recession and high unemployment has caused Americans to reduce their spending, especially on non-essential activities. Although the economy is beginning to recover, growth in the casino industry is expected to remain flat or slow for the next several years.
This report addresses the following questions and provides unique insights on a variety of issues:
- How are sales in the commercial, tribal, and racetrack casino segments projected to fare between 2009 and 2014
- Which segments of the industry are driving growth
- Which markets/locations show strong sales growth? Which are experiencing declines?
- What proportion of US adults visits casinos? Who are these visitors?
- How are the lifestyles of casino-goers unique? How can casinos more effectively serve their customers
- How are demographic shifts impacting sales? How are they likely to affect companies in the future
- Other than gambling, what type of entertainment are casino-goers most interested in
- How do gaming preferences vary between race and Hispanic origin groups? Which segments tend to be the highest-value customers
- What factors discourage consumers from going to casinos
- What are the dominant themes in casino advertisements
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.