Casual Dining - US - November 2009
With the recession in full swing, the casual dining sector has suffered across the board. Strategy has turned sharply from expanding capacity to stealing share from competitors. Unit counts for leading chains are on the downswing. In this report, Mintel examines the impact of recession on casual dining chains and how they are trying to stem further sales decline.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Why profit margins are being squeezed
- Which menu items are most often ordered at a leading casual brand
- How leading chains are addressing the problem of differentiation
- How the damage of price promotions to brand equity can be limited
- Which demographics are most likely to be spending more than last year on casual dining
- Which motivations for using casual restaurants are strongest
- Which chains appeal more strongly to the wealthiest diners
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.