Cereal and Snack Bars - US - March 2010
The cereal and snack bar segment has posted strong performance over the last five years, with sales increasing nearly 50% behind a flurry of new product activity that peaked in 2007. Since that time things have cooled off considerably. The total number of new product launches is down, and sales growth has flattened out. Still, the category remains highly competitive and successful brands are focusing on a few key themes to win market share. Health and wellness, natural/organic ingredients and indulgent taste experiences are platforms that continue to hold potential for both leading brands and new entries.
This report examines how all of these issues and trends are impacting the cereal and snack bar market, as well as providing:
- An assessment of the snacking competition that cereal and snack bars face from outside the category
- A look at how key category themes come to life in advertising and promotions
- An analysis of three relative newcomers that have emerged as category leaders and continue to reshape the category: Special K, Fiber One and Kashi
- An overview of new product activity from a variety of competitors
- An exploration of consumer attitudes and behaviors regarding cereal and snack bars, as well as closely related energy/nutrition bars and diet bars
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.