Cereal Bars - UK - February 2010
- Simply toning down the sweetness in cereal bars could win over 3.6 m adults who shun the bars for being too sweet.
- Bigger is better. Larger cereal bars have the potential to attract over four million adults. This group doesn’t eat cereal bars as they prefer something more substantial.
- Sharper price credentials could win over up to 13m current users who do not see cereal bars as offering value for money.
- High fibre cereal bars could appeal to more than 12m over-55-year-olds, who are trying to include plenty of fibre in their diet. This is a particularly lucrative group, as just one in three over-55-year-olds currently eat cereal bars.
- Sampling can be key to shaking non-users from their apathy. Just 13% of non-users see the bars as satisfying, while only 14% say they are unsatisfying, appearing to signal lack of experience and contact with the bars, rather than negative ones.
- Cereal bars pitched as more exciting and filling could tap into a pool of 5.5m 15-24-year-olds who eat snacks between meals. Just 2.6m of them currently eat cereal bars, being the most likely age group to see the bars as boring and unsatisfying.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.