Changing Face of US Healthcare - US - December 2016
"Most consumers, particularly seniors, have visited a healthcare provider in the past year with the largest share of visits going to general practitioners. While healthcare costs are concerning, consumers are not very likely to discuss these costs with their healthcare provider. Some healthcare providers have an opportunity to refocus on wellness and proactive care and offer guidance to consumers. Harnessing technology – by giving consumers access to their health information – could build a better rapport between patient and provider."
- Marissa Gilbert, Senior Health & Wellness Analyst
This Report discusses the following key topics:
- Seniors utilize the most healthcare services, yet report less than ideal health status
- Adults are most concerned with the costs associated with healthcare
- Costs are concerning, yet receive little discussion with a provider
This Report covers the following topics:
- Where consumers receive healthcare and the recency of when care was received
- The factors consumers rely on when choosing a new healthcare provider or place for healthcare treatment
- General satisfaction with the US healthcare system and various facets of care
- The top three concerns regarding the US healthcare system
- Topics consumers discuss with their healthcare provider
- The impact and role of technology in healthcare.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.