Children's Clothing - US - August 2009
Estimated at $44.1 billion in 2009, the children’s clothing market has faced challenges since 2006 due largely to the unfolding economic crisis. The downturn has compelled families to economize and reduce spending on children’s clothing by limiting replacements, downgrading to less expensive brands, seeking out sales and turning to less expensive retailers.
In addition to examining the ways consumers, suppliers and retailers are dealing with the economic crisis, this report also hones in on the following:
- The growing number of older, single mothers, and how their tastes and spending differ from other moms
- The rapidly-growing Hispanic youth population and how their numbers will serve to sustain the market as it waits out the down economy
- How the green movement has shown up in children’s clothing, driving interest in organic clothing and influencing designs and graphics
- How the rising incidence of childhood obesity drives the need for larger sizes
- Which retailers moms turn to for children’s clothing, and how much say their children have in those purchases
- Moms’ attitudes towards children’s clothing styles, their impressions of their children’s tastes, and how they feel about prices
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.