Children's Eating Habits - Ireland - March 2014
“Children’s eating habits are largely determined by their parents; meaning that the establishment of good dietary habits for children is primarily formed in the home. In order to gain the trust and loyalty of parents, supermarkets and restaurants should look to reinforce healthy eating messages outside of the home, be it through the removal of junk food from checkouts, offering discounts on fresh produce lines or the expansion of healthy options on children’s menus.”
– Sophie Dorbie, Research Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What impact are rising overweight and obesity levels having on parents’ attitudes towards their children’s eating habits?
- What can the foodservice industry do to appeal to parents and children to encourage them to dine out more often?
- What influence do children have on grocery shopping?
- What are the key innovations in the children’s food and drink market and what opportunities exist for NPD?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.