Chilled and Frozen Ready Meals - UK - May 2010
- Expected to reach £2.7 billion in 2010, the ready meals market has grown by just 7% since 2005. The market contracted in 2008 as a result of consumer cut backs, but has bounced back strongly since, suggesting that the six million users switching to more cooking have not been lost for good.
- Ready meals with larger portions stand to attract nearly six million adults who buy ready meals but see the portions as often too small.
- Nearly five million people eat chilled ready meals from just one cuisine, such as Indian, Italian or Chinese. Cross-promoting dishes across cuisines has potential to support incremental sales growth among this group.
- Transparent packaging can help brands win over the nearly seven million ready meal buyers who prefer see-through packaging to know what they're buying.
- Nearly ten million people who do not buy ready meals see them as less tasty than home-made food. Sampling or taste tests could unlock this pool of demand for brands confident in their quality.
- Slow-cooked meats or stews could forge a place for ready meals on the menu of the 6.5m adults who do not eat them, and see cooking from scratch as being often as quick as preparing a ready meal.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.