China Children Products Retailing Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Children Products Retailing market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this Report
This Report covers physical store and online retail sites selling significant ranges of goods meant for use by children in the People’s Republic of China. For the purposes of this Report, children’s retailing refers to retail chains, standalone stores and online retailers which predominantly or significantly stock products aimed specifically at children. These products include:
- Food and drinks (eg growing-up milk formula, ready meals, beverages, supplements, etc)
- Children’s toiletries (eg skincare, shower/bath products, etc)
- Toys & games
- Furnishings (eg bed linen, soft furnishings, beds, etc)
- Equipment (eg bicycle, sports equipment, electronic equipment, etc)
- Books and educational products
- Clothing and footwear (including accessories)
Retailer channels covered by this Report include:
- Specialised children’s products/toy stores
- Domestic comprehensive online shopping websites (eg Tmall, JD.com)
- Shopping malls/department stores
- Brands’ official websites
- Overseas online shopping websites (eg Amazon, mothercare. com)
- Bought overseas (eg when travelling)
- Domestic specialised children’s products/toy shopping websites
- Social networks (eg Wechat)
- Second-hand stores or websites (eg Xianyu)
- Other channels
The products included in the coverage of this Report are:
- Children’s toiletries (including skincare)
- Toys & games
- Furnishings (eg bunk beds with study area underneath)
- Sports or electronic equipment (eg bicycle, tablets etc)
- Books and media
- Clothing and footwear
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Matthew Crabbe, a leading analyst in the Research Asia-Pacific sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
While growing well, the children’s products retail market is highly fragmented and competitive. The focus of that competition is now shifting from quality of products, towards more focus on quality of service. Services being sought include more expert advice on child development and product suitability from parents eager to obtain good information. There is also significant demand for children’s product retailers to provide more family-friendly facilities (such as playrooms, changing rooms, toilets, etc). Also, parents want to see more fun entertainments in-store, with more healthy and educational benefits to the products on offer. This applies equally to online retailers, who now have the ability to reach parents in lower tier cities, and even rural areas. By making their services as good as the quality of their products, retailers can improve their chances of standing out in this crowded market.
Research Director, Asia-Pacific
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.