China Convenience Stores Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Convenience Stores market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Better understand and reward loyal customers
- A new leisure venue and community space for city dwellers
- Introduce themed/pop-up stores to differentiate from competitors
Covered in this report
According to the National Standard Retail Business Category ( 零售业态分类) (GB/T18106-2004), convenience stores (CVS) are defined as a small-store grocery-focused retail format which offers convenience services for people needing to undertake topup shopping or make distress purchases. The sector has also become increasingly prominent in consumers’ last-minute meal shopping.
In practice, convenience stores should:
- Be open seven days a week and have 16-24 hours of operational store opening times;
- Sell an extended range of goods including a range of knownvalue items such as food, drinks, basic household groceries and newspapers;
- Provide a range of services, including, but not limited to, mobile phone top-up, utility bills payment, credit card repayment, and parcel delivery;
- Serve a local community within easy reach by foot or by bicycle;
- Usually trade from a unit around 100 sq. metres in size
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Scarlett Zhao, a leading analyst in the Retail sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The convenience store sector has maintained vibrant double-digit growth, even at a challenging time for brick-and-mortar retail, thanks to consumers’ continuous pursuit of time efficiency, availability, and instant fulfilment. Ready meals and freshly made beverages in c-stores are winning over Chinese consumers as they provide a quick and economical option for proper meals and afternoon tea.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.