China Facial Masks Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Facial Masks market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this ReportFacial masks included in this Report:
- Sheet masks usually mean cloth or paper saturated in a high dosage of skincare ingredients for one-time use. Common sheet masks include non-woven cloth masks, silk masks, biocellulose masks, natural wood pulp masks and cotton masks.
- Sleeping masks usually mean a gel/cream-based product that can be applied before sleep and left on skincare overnight.
- Rinse-off masks usually mean mud, cream, mousse or gelbased products that can be applied on the face and need to be washed off after 10-30 minutes.
- Peel-off masks usually mean mud, cream, or gel-based products that can be applied on the face and then shaped into a layer of mask after a few minutes.
- Multi-steps masks usually have two or three steps of facial skincare, including cleanser/scrub and sheet mask.
- Low earner is defined with monthly personal income as RMB 4,999 or below
- Middle earner is defined with monthly personal income as RMB 5,000-7,999
- High earner is defined with monthly personal income as RMB 8,000 or above
Market size in this Report does not cover sales that have occurred in the C2C market and direct-selling brands (eg WeChat business or Taobao).
Subgroup Definitions (by Monthly Personal Income):
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Vicky Zhou, a leading analyst in the Beauty & Personal Care sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Male consumers will be a new growth point for the facial mask market. Brands encouraging usage frequency is the main driver of market growth. The future market is about product innovation and ingredient education, while paying attention to the causation of skin problems such as air pollution.
Beauty & Personal Care Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.