China Home Retailing Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Home Retailing market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
This report focuses on movable products in home decoration (软 装) and covers the following types of home products:
- Furniture: sofa, table, mattress, chairs and etc
- Essential homeware items:
- Household linens: bed and bathroom linens and other household textiles (eg sheets, pillows, towels)
- Bathroom appliances: towel shelf, hand sanitiser bottle, toilet brush etc
- Kitchenware: tableware (eg glasses, placemats), cooking gadgets (eg pots, pans) etc
- Decorative homeware items:
- Accessories: vases, cushions, prints/prints, photo frames etc
- Home air freshener: fragrant candles, air spray, air purifying bags etc
- Others: art crafts, small plants set etc
Market size, forecast and share in this report focuses on the furniture market, as its sales value accounts for the lion’s share of the total sales of home products. The total furniture market value only covers the sales of retail and wholesale enterprises (units) above the designated size, released by NBS (National Bureau of Statistics of China). The top 10 players mentioned in this report refer to companies/ brands whose main business is to sell furniture via retail channels (eg home furnishing retailers, online stores and supermarkets/ hypermarkets), and their market share is divided by furniture retail enterprises (units) above the designated size.
- Retail enterprises (units) above the designated size refer to those with an annual revenue from primary business of RMB5 million and above
- Wholesale enterprises (units) above the designated size refer to those with an annual revenue from primary business of RMB20 million and above
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Jaslien Chen, a leading analyst in the Household sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Consumers in China are more willing to decorate and upgrade their home. They have become more generous on budget and are seeking a balance of functions and styles. The demands of the home retail market will shift from renovating new housing property to upgrading ‘old’ ones. It will be crucial for retailers/brands to act with strategies such as streamlining the distribution, making the products multifunctional and multi-scaling the business to win over more market share.
Senior Household Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.