China Juice and Juice Drinks Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Juice and Juice Drinks market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Functionality helps expand consumption occasions
- Nutrition offers potential opportunity of repeat purchase
- Foodservice channels spark inspiration in blending
Covered in this report
This report covers packaged fruit and vegetable pure juices, nectars and juice drinks (can be drunk without adding water or frozen juice products which are reconstituted); carbonated fruit juices are also included.
Total market size (by volume only) includes sales of packaged juice products through both retail (eg supermarkets, convenience stores, vending machines) and non-retail (eg Horeca, food industry) channels. Retail market size (by both value and volume) includes sales of all packaged juice products in retail channels.
Mintel classifies juice products into three different segments by concentration: pure juices, nectars and juice drinks.
- Pure juice: contain nothing but fruit juice at the same strength and consistency as when the fruit was squeezed, and juices made from concentrates which are 100% pure, but are reconstituted to their original strength after transportation. Examples of pure juice products are Huiyuan 100% Orange Juice and Nongfu NFC.
- Nectars: contain less than 100% (generally 25%-99%) fruit juice and have added ingredients, mainly water. Examples of nectars are Nongfu Orchard 30% Mixed Fruit and Vegetable Juice, Minute Maid Essential Delight.
- Juice drinks: contain less than 100% (generally under 25%) fruit juice and have added ingredients, mainly water but also sweeteners, flavourings, colourings and/or vitamins. Examples of juice drinks are Tropicana Orange Juice Drink
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Zhenni Wu, a leading analyst in the Food and Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
As a growing market, the juice category is led by consumers’ health consciousness and driven by advanced manufacturing and transportation techniques. Pure juice chips away at juice drinks in share and indicates the direction of premiumisation. Increasing consumption occasions or repeat purchase is critical for category growth. Nutrition and functionality trigger consumer purchase, and both help expand juice consumption occasions as well
Food and Drink Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.