China Marketing to Pet Owners market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Beauty Retailing sector, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Three types of pet owners are defined based on experience:
- Expert level pet owners: those whose pet ownership experience is five years or more.
- Experienced pet owners: those whose pet ownership experience is more than one year but less than five years.
- New pet owners: those whose pet ownership experience is one year or less.
Three types of pet owners are defined based on monthly household income:
- Low household income: RMB = 5,000-9,999 in tier one cities, or RMB = 4,000-7,999 in tier two and three cities.
- Middle household income: RMB = 10,000-15,999 in tier one cities, or RMB = 8,000-13,999 in tier two and three cities.
- High household income: RMB >= 16,000 in tier one cities, or RMB >= 14,000 in tier two and three cities.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Samantha Dover, a senior analyst in the FMCG sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The pet industry will continue on an upward trajectory, especially related to cat ownership. This is because people want to fill the emotional void in their lives (eg parenthood) without completely changing their lifestyles. As pet owners value animals’ companionship a lot, marketing communications and product benefits could be around pet pampering and doting, instead of cutting down the interaction between pets and owners in the interest of saving time.
Senior Research Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.