Chips, Popcorn, Nuts, and Dips - US - January 2014
“The salty snacks category will continue to benefit from the anytime, anywhere snacking mentality. Changing product preferences, combined with shifting US demographics, will be top of mind for manufacturers. However, the real challenge will be addressing concerns about the nutritional content of snacks, while still allowing consumers the chance to indulge.”
– Amanda Topper, Food Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What will be the impact of increased snacking occasions?
- Should manufacturers continue developing BFY snacks?
- How will changing US demographics impact the category?
- How chips, popcorn, nuts, and dips have been performing in recent years, and how new product innovation (including foodservice) is impacting sales trends for the category as a whole and in each of its segments
- Rates of chips, popcorn, nuts, and dips household purchases
- Changes in purchases over the past year and reasons for those changes Important factors and attributes when buying chips, popcorn, nuts, and dips Motivations for purchasing chips, popcorn, nuts, and dips
- Consumer attitudes toward chips, popcorn, nuts, and dips
- Current product positioning and what marketing strategies make the most sense given the various target audiences that manufacturers are trying to connect with to maximize sales opportunities
- Which brands are gaining, which are losing, and why, within the market
- How factors such as increased snacking occasions and shifting US demographics are impacting the market as a whole
- Potato Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Nuts and Trail Mix
- Dips (including dry dip mixes, non-refrigerated dips, frozen dips, and refrigerated dips)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.