Chocolate Confectionery - UK - April 2010
- Top snack choice for consumers and bought as a personal treat by almost half the population, the chocolate bar market has benefited from increased snacking on-the-go.
- Ethical considerations have increased in prominence in new product launches for chocolate confectionery in 2009 compared to 2007, although 7% of consumers say they don’t trust fair-trade products.
- Parents continue to maintained control over the purchase of chocolate confectionery for their children: only a third of children aged 7-16 years are buying chocolate confectionery themselves.
- Four million, mostly more affluent middle-class consumers, actively avoid buying chocolate confectionery for their children.
- Consumers are ‘creatures of habit’ when buying chocolate confectionery - only a tenth are adventurous enough to be trying new chocolate flavours or formats.
- Almost two fifths of consumers are buying less chocolate confectionery for health reasons, opening up opportunities for a wider range of lower fat/calorie options.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.