Clothing Retailing - France - November 2010
- The French population is aging, and is seeking good quality as they seek to make their clothes last and good value as they don’t tend to spend a lot on clothes.
- The French economy emerged from recession in 2009 and is on its way to recovery. The Government forecasts growth of around 1.4% in 2010 and 2% in 2011.
- French consumers were quick to trade down and away from clothing during the recession, even more so than other discretionary areas such as household goods. There remains significant scope for increasing per capita spend.
- French consumers desire good value in their purchases, looking for good quality at a good price, which is highlighted by the strong performance of players such as Kiabi.
- Vivarte remains the market leader and is believed to have increased its lead over Inditex.
- Online retailing is growing in clothing, but has yet to make a significant impact.
Mintel European Retail Intelligence provides independent, expert coverage of the major retail sectors throughout Europe. Each title in this series analyses retailing trends in up to 19 European markets, including the Scandinavian nations and Eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic and Poland as well as the major Western European markets.
The coverage provided by each report is as accurate, relevant and up-to-date as possible, combining in-house sector expertise with retailer performance data, taken directly from industry and trade sources.
With titles ranging from 'DIY Retailing in Europe' through to 'Food Retailing in Europe', each market examination includes studies of:
- background economic and demographic data
- market sizes
- regional retailing trends and issues
- market drivers
- consumer expenditure
- consumer trends
- leading pan-European retailers
- domestic retailers
- market forecasts
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.