Coffee - Brazil - September 2015
“Brazilians are getting busier and demand more practical products. Due to this, the development and launch of new coffee capsule products has skyrocketed. Nevertheless, filtered coffee is still the most consumed type of coffee by a long shot. The growing interest in specialty or gourmet coffees is generating demand for value-added products in the category, although the majority of consumers still do not see all the qualities of a gourmet coffee, leaving a hard task for brands.”
– Andre Euphrasio, Research Analyst
This report looks at the following:
• Roast and ground (fresh): This is when coffee is sold in the form of coffee beans or when the coffee beans are sold ready-ground. It also includes premium coffee, and coffee capsules/pods. This is the largest sector accounting for 97% of volume share of the market.
• Instant coffee: This is where, through various processes, the coffee is dehydrated into the form of powder or granules for sale, and prepared by adding these to hot water. It is subdivided into:
• Instant plain: Requires only the addition of hot water but contains no added ingredients.
• Instant specialty: Requires only the addition of hot water and can have added ingredients such as milk powder, sugar, sweeteners in products like latte or cappuccino.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.