Coffee - US - September 2014
“Coffee manufacturers face increased competition both from within their own category and from other beverages. Consumers are embracing the choice and variety of coffee options and from other beverages, but with a slowly improving economy, manufacturers will be challenged to maintain consumer interest in in-home coffee consumption.”
– Elizabeth Sisel, Beverage Analyst
This report will cover the following key topics:
- Pods could resonate with older consumers, though perhaps not single-cup
- Energy drinks emerge as coffee substitute – can they take over coffee’s turf?
- Can RTD coffees expect the same growth as single-cup?
- Quest for flavor and convenience will fuel the coffee category’s continued growth.
- Coffeehouse flavors could inspire in-home options.
- Consumers of all types drink less coffee as the day progresses.
- Multi-serve drip coffee makers remain the norm in most households.
- Convenience, ease of use lead reasons behind choice of coffee machine.
- Consumers aged 18-34 most likely to drink single-cup, RTD coffee.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.