Coffee - US - September 2016
"Future growth is expected to remain healthy, supported by the current popularity of coffee and greater premiumization across segments. High quality ingredients and premiumized production and brewing methods transport the category into the Third Wave of coffee, which elevates the drink to more than just a commodity type beverage. Single-cup’s convenience and easy preparation methods also continue to support overall category growth, while RTD coffees generate renewed attention."
- Elizabeth Sisel, Beverage Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Roasted coffees see stagnant growth
- RTD coffees challenged by low consumption frequency
- Competition with foodservice for specialty coffees
This Report includes packaged coffee and prepared coffee beverages sold for home preparation and/or consumption. The following types of coffee are included:
- Roasted coffee - ground and whole bean; regular and decaffeinated; non-flavored and flavored
- Single-cup coffee - cups and pods containing pre-measured coffee for use in automatic single-cup coffee makers
- Instant coffee - regular and decaffeinated; includes both powdered instant and liquid coffee concentrates
- Ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee - shelf-stable or refrigerated bottled/canned single-serve prepared iced coffees and coffee drinks; refrigerated RTD coffee (half-gallons and single-serving)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.