Coffeehouses and Donut Shops - US - June 2010
The restaurant industry faltered in the recession as consumers opted to stay home more for meals and drinks. All segments suffered, yet QSRs in general fared somewhat better, due to customers trading down. Within that realm, coffeehouses and donut shops saw a greater impact, with many customers deciding not to spend limited discretionary dollars on pricey coffee drinks.
The economy appears to be improving and sales at leading outlets are trending up. Going forward, regaining momentum will require strict adherence to market trends and consumer demands. This report focuses on the following:
- How best to compete against ever-encroaching competition from QSRs
- The importance of social media and technology tools in the battle for customers
- How health on the menu figures into the equation, and what are the key “hot buttons”
- How market leaders are innovating to bolster traffic
- What menu trends are most evident across the industry
- What is top-of-mind for core demographics that will be essential to keeping them engaged in rebound efforts
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.