Colour Cosmetics - China - September 2013
“As income increases and basic life quality improves significantly, Chinese women could be expected to spend more on discretionary goods like colour cosmetics. This suggests that there is great opportunity to convert millions of non-users in the lower tier cities and rural areas. At the same time, the country’s middle classes is spurring demand for discretionary spend items. Their soaring purchasing power provides the greatest long-term potential for growth.”
– Wenwen Chen, Research Analyst
In this report we answer the following key themes/issues:
- What is their spending power on colour cosmetics products and each sub category?
- Following the success of BB cream, consumers are looking for products with multifunctional products. Will this trend remain whether major players have new product development that focuses on integrated functions/purposes in the pipeline?
- What are the dynamics of channels of purchase?
- How ready are China’s consumers for the latest digital technology when it comes to cosmetics?
- How sophisticated are Chinese women in terms of wearing make-up?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.