Commuter Culture - US - November 2009
This report explores the public transit market in the US. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting service and ridership trends, and what they mean for launching ad and marketing campaigns via buses, subways and rail systems and taxicab fleets.
This report provides an in-depth examination of the public transit market for industry retailers, distributors, and marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to capitalize on trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Additionally, the report will examine the opportunities that are available through these three transit segments: buses, subways and rail and taxicabs.
Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What effects do rising gasoline costs and the economic downturn have on the overall market
- How can transit operators use environmental concerns and rising fuel prices to increase ridership
- Which companies are refining how to advertise via public transit, and how can others learn from their success
- How can transit systems partner with municipalities and other industries to boost awareness and ridership
- How can transit systems encourage ridership among commuters who may feel committed to driving cars
- How can transit systems take advantage of the economic downturn to appeal to consumers seeking budget-conscious commuting options
- What media are industry leaders using to deliver effective marketing campaigns via public transit, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility
- What transit systems do consumers ride the most? The least? The farthest? The shortest?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.