Conditioners and Treatments - Europe - July 2011
- The key European conditioners markets remained lacklustre in 2010, but with signs of improving demand.
- Thanks to a general eco beauty trend witnessed across C&T markets, conditioners formulated using botanical and herbal components take centre stage in new product development.
- Women are increasingly aware of their individual hair condition, problems and haircare needs, which has created more demand for ever more specifically tailored products, with a focus on repairing and moisturising properties.
- Conditioner use is geared towards women aged under-25, higher earners, the working population and larger households with children.
- There remain important opportunities in expanding the current consumer base amongst men, who post a significantly lower product penetration level in comparison to women, and baby boomers who could be better targeted with anti-ageing conditioners.
- The majority of women spend up to €/£4.99 on a single conditioner purchase.
The products covered in this report include conditioners and treatments for the hair, for both men and women. Conditioners may be wash-out or leave-in formulations, while treatments are serums, creams, lotions, sprays and masks are more intensive products that are generally left on the hair for times ranging from three minutes to overnight.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.