Conferencing and Events - UK - July 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Conferences and meetings: formal meetings in which people gather to talk about particular topics.
- Exhibitions and trade fairs: exhibitions are public displays of objects, art, fashion, ideas etc., while trade fairs are organised so that companies in a specific industry can showcase their latest goods and encourage trade.
- Sporting events: any audience-attended sports games and matches, from single events such as football matches to extended tournaments such as Wimbledon and the Olympics.
- Music events: live music displays that come in several formats, from gigs and concerts to multi-day festivals.
- Incentive travel and performance improvement: businessrelated travel intended to acknowledge achievements, provide motivation, and help drive productivity and overall success.
- Corporate hospitality: the entertaining of clients by companies to promote business, especially at sporting or other public events.
- Outdoor events: outside gatherings, ranging from flower shows, agricultural shows and charity events, to small village fairs and craft events.
- Festivals and cultural events: often large-scale activities surrounding special events, such as Christmas, bonfire night or Edinburgh Fringe, or cultural events such as Diwali, Chinese New Year and Notting Hill carnival.
“In 2018, growth in the conferencing and events market remained subdued due to pressure from Brexit-related uncertainty. This is expected to hold the market back until the UK’s future relationship with the EU becomes clear. Nonetheless, the sector’s underlying potential, strategic importance and market diversity indicates a positive future if Brexit is resolved.”
Francesco Salau, B2B Analyst
This Report will cover the following areas:
- Brexit is having an uneven effect on the sector
- Digital technology is now instrumental to growth
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.