Consulting Engineers (Industrial Report) - UK - October 2014
“The prospects for UK consulting engineers improved during 2013 and the market is set for sustained growth over the next five years. The more buoyant construction sector is expected to boost demand in the UK. Transport infrastructure and the energy sector will provide the strongest growth potential, making up the majority of projects in the government’s infrastructure plan."
– Claudia Preedy - Industrial Analyst
This report addresses the following key questions concerning the market for UK Consulting Engineers:
- How has the market for UK consulting engineers performed over the last five years?
- How strongly will the market develop over the next five years?
- What is the impact of the legislative/regulative environment on individual sectors?
- Which sectors will provide the strongest growth potential for consulting engineers over the next five years?
This report analyses the market for UK consulting engineers, incorporating work undertaken in both the UK and internationally. The market is analysed under a number of broad project subject headings, including:
- Buildings: defined as commercial buildings, housing, education and medical buildings, warehouses, hotels, public buildings, factories, manufacturing and process plant
- Transportation: including roads/road bridges, rail/rail bridges, transport planning, tunnelling, ports, harbours, airports and canals
- Water, sewerage and waste: defined as dams, reservoirs, water mains, water treatment, irrigation, pumping stations, desalination plant, sewers, sewerage treatment plant, pumping plant and incinerators, as well as the handling, treatment and removal of solid, liquid, chemical, toxic and nuclear waste
- Power: including power stations, hydro-electric dams, transmission lines and sub-stations
Other subject headings include geotechnics, facilities management, construction/project management, health and safety, defence, telecommunications, flooding and coastal work, and environment.
For the purposes of this report, the role of the consulting engineer is defined as the provision of services by people qualified to practice in one or more of the various branches of engineering. Consulting engineers are typically concerned with advising clients on engineering matters, or designing or supervising the construction of engineering works. Income is derived both from the UK and from international projects.
While there are a variety of procurement routes including design and build in the construction sector, for the purposes of this report, the utilisation of the term design and build refers to all basic procurement routes where contractors take ultimate responsibility for the design and construction of projects. Consulting engineers may be employed by the contractor for the design of the project, and in some instances, as project managers.
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.Download now
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.