Consumer Payment Preferences - UK - April 2012
“Banks currently have the edge when it comes to the payment-related elements of the mobile wallet, but history shows that this is likely to be a pretty fragile advantage.”
– Toby Clark, Head of UK Financial Services Research
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How likely is it that people can be convinced to abandon cash?
- Will contactless be outdated before it ever hits the mainstream?
- How do people feel about being upgraded to contactless cards?
- Do people still use products they don’t trust?
- Will the US be more open than the UK to a move to mobile payments?
- Why does interest in mobile payments seem to have fallen back?
- How does interest in mobile payments differ between men and women?
- Can Apple make the leap into the payments market?
- How much can companies learn from their customers?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.