Consumer Spending Habits - Brazil - July 2013
“Although Brazilians like a good bargain, what they really value is the opportunity to get a lucrative deal. Many wait for their favorite products to go on sale before they buy them. To compensate for this, they aren’t afraid when thinking of asking for a discount on the final purchase amount, a customary thing to do when purchases are large or consist of several items. In any event, companies still have room to put in place more exciting and focused promotions that encourage consumers to participate based on their individual interests.”
– Sheila Salina, Lifestyle Senior Analyst
This study will answer the following questions:
- What kind of product/service did Brazilians place a high priority on in their recent shopping? What did they spend the most on? What did they spend the least on? What were the reasons for this?
- Which bargains were used most when buying? What discounts do Brazilians like to get? What promotions were most appealing to them and why?
- Do Brazilians value low prices or brand image when shopping?
- What type of promotion best suits each type of consumer?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.