Consumer Spending Priorities - China - March 2015
“The Chinese economy grew by 7.4% in 2014, the lowest rate since 1990. According to the government, the goal of economic growth has been adjusted to around 7% a year during the 13th five-year plan from 2016 to 2020. This suggests that slower growth rates than previously recorded will become the norm for the Chinese economy in the near future.
The overall confidence levels of Chinese consumers have remained constant in the last year, indicating that changing macroeconomics conditions have not yet had a direct impact on their lives. In fact, the growing status of consumption sectors in the economy shows that the spending power of consumers has become stronger.”
– Linda Li, Senior Research Analyst
In this report, Mintel answers the following key questions:
- What are the current financial statuses of consumers and how confident are they about these over the next 12 months?
- What are the financial priorities of consumers over the next 12 months?
- Has there been any change in the way consumers think about saving, spending and managing their financial wellbeing in the current economic environment?
- What kind of spending are consumers most reluctant to cut when they have a tight budget?
- Do consumers value quantity or quality when making a purchase?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.