Convenience Store Foodservice - US - March 2012
While convenience stores have offered fresh, prepared foods for years, it’s only over the last decade that the trend has accelerated. Today, convenience stores are capturing more dashboard-dining occasions, delivering the benefits of quick, easily accessible, one-stop shopping. Industry players have sought to increase consumer awareness and trust for c-store foodservice by partnering with restaurant brands, developing private label brands, and upgrading food/drink quality. Such efforts have contributed to 26% growth in convenience store foodservice sales from 2006-11, with sales reaching nearly $24 billion in 2011.
This report seeks to provide insight and opportunities to help convenience store operators successfully compete and grow in the foodservice category. To that end, Mintel presents analysis of the convenience store foodservice marketplace, underscored by proprietary research featuring consumer attitudes and behaviors toward c-store foodservice:
- the effects of limited disposable personal income, lower median incomes, as well as unemployment and underemployment on consumer confidence, and in turn, foodservice sales
- the influence of fuel prices on convenience store usage and foodservice purchases
- the impact of population shifts by age and Hispanic origin on c-store foodservice usage
- competitive position of convenience store foodservice in the restaurant industry
- brand analysis of four convenience store chains, as well as an assessment of overall industry competition and brand usage by c-store foodservice users
- strategic marketing efforts to promote convenience store foodservice platforms, and insight into marketing efforts deemed most effective by c-store foodservice users
- an overview of acceptance for convenience store foodservice, including reasons why consumers don’t buy food/drink from these outlets
- analysis of convenience store usage by foodservice items ordered, time of day, and spending
- reasons that drive consumers to buy foodservice items from convenience stores.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.