Convenience Stores - US - May 2009
Sales growth in the convenience store industry has cooled off considerably since 2006 as the economic downturn and fluctuations in gasoline prices have impacted gasoline consumption and miles driven by consumers. Unable to count on gasoline sales for continued sales and traffic growth, innovative convenience stores are increasingly turning to foodservice not only as a means of increasing sales and profits, but also as a platform for differentiation and increased customer loyalty. The move to ever more sophisticated foodservice offerings is the latest example of the channel’s unique ability to respond and adapt to changing consumer dynamics.
This report provides an overview of the latest developments in the convenience store industry and guidance for marketers looking to thrive in a challenging, evolving marketplace, including:
- Ideas and direction on how to make foodservice a strategic differentiator
- An in-depth look at some of the most successful and innovative competitors
- The behaviors and attitudes of various convenience store shopper segments, including insight into perception barriers that c-stores must overcome
- A look at the convenience stores channel’s position in the broader retail landscape
- An analysis of c-store sales trends by product category
- An analysis of convenience store advertising
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.