Cookies and Crackers - Brazil - January 2013
“The cookies category has high penetration among Brazilian consumers. According to the consumer research, 85% of Brazilians say they eat cookies or crackers.
Some consumer groups are having more specific strategies targeted at them in order to increase their consumption frequency and product diversification. Women are especially open to the cookies category and can enjoy products that are more in line with their lifestyle and preferences. More mature consumers (aged 45+), who have a relatively high consumption frequency, may be encouraged to diversify their consumption habits by being able to choose from different healthy products. For children, whose consumption normally depends on their parents’ choice, nutritious products with discreet advertising are the most advised ones.”
– Jean Manuel Alves da Silva, Senior Food Analyst
This report will focus on the following issues:
- How can the cookies and crackers category increase in value?
- Are there any Socio-economic segmentation strategies to be taken?
- What are the implications of “health” and “wellbeing” criteria for the category?
- What can the category do to attract more female consumers, who are more open to indulgence?
- Given the consumption frequency by older consumers (aged 45+), what are the best strategies to encourage product diversification in this group?
- What are the best strategies to target consumption by children, given the potential limitations this group presents?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.