Cough and Throat Remedies - US - May 2010
The US cough and throat remedy market is driven by a range of factors, including the seasonal severity of colds and flu; population growth among children, seniors, and women, particularly those with young children (who are all more susceptible to contracting colds and flu); and the recession, which has further spurred the trend for self-diagnosis and self-medicating. Rising rates of unemployment and uninsured, which also impact consumers’ use of OTC cough and throat remedies, are also considered. This report closely analyzes these factors, and provides in-depth examination of the following:
- Opportunities to grow sales in the market, from on-the-go remedies to technological applications of personal media devices
- The increasing value of private label during the recession, and how national brands are innovating to compete
- Why the cough drop segment continues to outsell other segments in the market
- How drug stores maintain their top position in the retail landscape
- The increasing popularity of homeopathic remedies and their impact on the OTC market
- Key analysis of top branding strategies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.