Cough and Throat Remedies - US - May 2012
The incidence of suffering from a cough or sore throat becomes elevated during more severe cold and flu seasons. As a result, fluctuations in market sales correspond to the severity of flu seasons. The cough and throat remedies market is also driven by other factors, including key demographics such as children, seniors and women. A stuttering economy marked by high unemployment and underemployment rates, along with suppressed disposable personal incomes contribute to a greater incidence of self-diagnosis and self-medicating, which is positive for the market.
This report seeks to provide insight and opportunities to help makers and marketers of cough and throat remedies meet the changing needs of consumers by providing in-depth examination of the following:
- Opportunities to increase market sales by tapping into a less likely user group (adults aged 18-24) and partnering with in-store clinics to increase brand profile
- Market size and the impact of trends in seasonal flu
- Accessing the competitive landscape for homeopathic and herbal remedies
- Why the cough drop segment continues to outsell other segments in the market
- How drug stores maintain their top position in the retail landscape
- Identifying leading manufacturers and brands, along with market innovation and key analysis of top branding strategies
- Incidence of cough, cold or sore throat ailments in the last year and usual treatment methods for each
- Products used to treat coughs and sore throats, including types and brands used
- The degree to which consumers are prepared to treat coughs and sore throats, and factors that impact their remedy choice
- Consumer specifications and desired attributes for cough and sore throat remedies
- Attitudes toward usage of cough and sore throat remedies for adults and kids
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.