Cough, Cold, Flu, and Allergy Remedies - US - April 2019
Covered in this report
This report covers remedies that can be purchased OTC (overthe-counter) without a prescription to relieve symptoms of colds, flu,allergies, sore throat, coughs, and congestion.
- Cold, flu, and sinus remedies including: tablets, capsules, liquids, powders, and hot drinks for treating cold/flu and/or nasal and chest congestion. Nasal remedies include nasal strips and aspirators
- Cough/throat remedies including: cough/sore throat drops; cough syrups/sore throat liquid medicine
- Allergy remedies including: tablets, capsules, liquids, powders, and nasal sprays
"The majority of adults have experienced some kind of cold, cough, flu, allergy, or related symptom in the past 12 months. Over-the-counter remedies are the most common method for treating these ailments. Yet, after achieving growth from 2013-17, category sales softened in 2018. Mintel’s forecast calls for a gain between 2018 and 2023 as a variety of treatment methods are adopted. Specifically, interest in natural, botanical/herbal, homeopathic, and free-from remedies could bolster sales growth moving forward."
- Andrea Wroble, Research Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Sales growth stalls for OTC remedies
- Concern for unwanted side effects of OTC medications
- Shifts in population challenge the market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.