Crackers - US - March 2011
Growth in the cracker market has slowed substantially since 2008, suffering from a fragile demand that is unlikely to endure any significant price increases. As the economy continues a slow, uncertain recovery, brands are under pressure to differentiate and fight off pricing pressure from private label. Marketers have turned to repackaging and healthy positioning as a source of premium, but efforts have yet to jump start sales.
In this exclusive report, Mintel reviews the trends and products that are driving sales growth and explores consumer attitudes that drive cracker consumption.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Which products are driving sales growth for the major brands
- Which product claims are on the rise among new launches
- Which distribution channels are increasing in importance
- How brands are segmenting the market with advertising
Insights are supported by exclusive Mintel consumer research, which delves into topics such as:
- Which demographics consume crackers most regularly
- How consumption habits change with age
- The percentage of the consumer base that shops for private label
- The healthful product claims that are most important to consumers
- The promotional techniques that are most effective in driving new product trial
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.