Craft Beer - US - November 2012
“Beer drinkers younger than 35 have come of legal drinking age during a time when craft and craft-style beers have become commonplace in the market. Yet, with another 1,200-plus breweries in planning, an already crowded landscape is at risk of becoming overpopulated. Even the most dominant craft and craft-style brands could lose ground as consumers trade away to the latest beer releases. Thus, craft breweries should cultivate and cater to loyal fans who will stick with the brand regardless of competition.”
– Jennifer Zegler, Beverage Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Who is the craft beer consumer? Why do they choose craft beer? How often do they choose craft beer?
- How does the rate of and preference for craft beer consumption compare to domestic and imported beer consumption?
- How do consumers learn about craft beer brands? What marketing tactics have proven successful for these often smaller brewers?
- What are consumers’ priorities when they purchase craft beer? How do they differ from the priorities of domestic or imported beer consumers?
- Where do consumers purchase craft beer?
- What are the leading craft and craft-style beer producers? How does craft-style beer compare to craft beer in sales?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.