Cruises - International - June 2014
“Companies are using Big Data to source demographic and buying pattern information on passengers and then using it to dictate how they market their products to them.”
– Jessica Rawlinson, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How will cruise companies respond to shareholder demand for improved return on investment?
- Exactly what impact will new emissions regulations now have on fuel costs and deployment decisions?
- Will management restructuring make the major companies more profitable?
- Is the newfound support for the travel trade just a temporary fix for cruise companies?
- Has the cruise demand potential from China and the rest of Asia been overstated?
- Will the power of social media prove to be positive or negative for the future of cruising?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.