Customer Satisfaction and Brands - UK - May 2017
“Almost all brands can expect a higher proportion of recommendation than satisfaction, suggesting that a certain amount of users are liable to recommend a brand even if it is not thought to have provided a good or excellent experience. Brands that are particularly noted for value or convenience often benefit from this phenomenon, suggesting that these factors can, to an extent, make up for a less than positive review.”
– Richard Hopping, Brand and Household Analyst
This report covers the following areas:
- Amazon still leads, many others remain high scorers
- Long-term services brands have bad reputation
- Amazon and Yankee Candle maintain highest scores
- Link between usage and satisfaction is not defined
- Certain brands avoid losing custom despite lower satisfaction
- Some link between exclusivity and satisfaction
- Premium brands means fashion sector streaks ahead on satisfaction
- Technology service providers experience discrepancy
- Travel brands may benefit from lower expectations
- Most brands earn higher proportion of recommendation than satisfaction
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.