Dark Spirits - US - November 2016
"Distilled spirits (both white and dark) have enjoyed a significant (23.9%) growth since 2011, due in no small part to the rapid influx of flavors in the white spirit segment and a surge in interest in tequila. Similar flavor innovation is leading to growth in dark spirits, whiskey and brandy in particular, as Millennial consumers appear significantly interested in novel flavors within the category. Curiously, at the same time, authenticity and complexity appear to be key to consumer interest in craft forms of dark spirits."
Billy Roberts, Senior Analyst – Food and Drink
This report looks at the following areas:
- Sales growth expected to continue through 2021
- On-premise consumption has room to grow
- Price appears insufficient means of differentiation
This Report includes dark spirits sold for home preparation and/or consumption. The following types of dark spirits are analyzed:
- Whiskey/whisky, which includes the following subsegments: American Kentucky bourbon, American Tennessee whiskey, other American whiskeys (straight, blended, malt, or non-malt), American rye whiskey, Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, Canadian whisky, White whiskey/moonshine, flavored whiskey.
- Brandy and Cognac, as well as Armagnac.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.