Defence Industry - UK - November 2017
“Despite possible changes to the level of defence spending set out in the 2015 SDSR, the recent decline in the value of sterling is likely to affect industry trading. The fall has made foreign equipment relatively more expensive to purchase, but has also made domestically-made defence products cheaper to foreign buyers - meaning there may be a surge in defence exports compared to imports.”
– Lewis Cone, B2B Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- What are the key determinants driving the defence equipment industry?
- How will the UK’s exit from the EU affect the industry?
- How has the government influenced and shaped the development of the sector?
- What are the key issues the UK industry needs to address to maintain its global position in an ever-competitive market?
- How have companies adapted to cost pressures and the changing nature of threats?
- What does the future hold for the UK’s defence equipment industry?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.