Deodorants and Bodysprays - UK - February 2011
The deodorants and body spray market is smelling sweet. With sales of £548 million in 2010, penetration is nearing total and the majority of adults use deodorants as part of their daily grooming rituals. It is, therefore, to some extent buffered from the impact of the current gloomy economic climate.
- Deodorant penetration is close to total in the UK (94% of women use the product and 87% of men), though women are more likely than men to use such products daily.
- Spray deodorants are preferred by men, whereas women are almost as likely to use roll-ons as sprays. Alternative formats have yet to make a significant impact on the market.
- New product development is skewed toward long-lasting formulations.
- Unilever is a dominant force in deodorants and commands a 65% share of the market.
- Discounting and special offers are rife, and more than four in ten adults stockpile their favourite deodorant brands when they're on offer.
- A third of adults feel that they have been let down to some extent by their deodorant.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.