Desserts & Sweets Consumption Habits - Exploring Indulgence in the Mindset of Consumers - Brazil - April 2019
Covered in this report
This report explores all types of desserts and sweets, as well as consumption habits. The consumer research includes the following dessert and sweets categories:
- Ice cream
- Chocolate (eg bars, bonbons)
- Cakes and pies
- Chilled desserts
- Bubble gums, lollipops, and candies
- Sweet breads and baked goods (eg sonho, Carolina)
- Party candies (eg brigadeiro, beijinho)
- Sweet drinks (eg milkshakes, smoothies)
- Cookies, filled wafer
- Cake mix (ie to prepare with milk, or water)
- Fruit creams (eg açaí, papaya cream)
“As the initial discussion on being healthy or indulgent has passed, the category begins to realize there are many ways of providing healthy attributes and benefits to different types of consumers and consumption occasions without necessarily losing flavor. It is important to bear in mind, however, that many times the consumer wants, purely and simply, flavor and indulgence.”
– Ana Paula Gilsogamo, Food and Drink Analyst
This report examines the following issues:
- High prices can impact the purchase of sweets and desserts
- The category has the challenge of following new regulations while meeting demands for healthy alternatives without losing flavor
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.